Thursday, January 28, 2010

Show & Tell

I got to do a Show & Tell for class today. I’m happy that I got a chance to do one, I never did in elementary and always felt like I missed some sort of childhood right-of-passage. I was quite nervous (I hate public speaking almost as much as I hate people who don't hate public speaking), and when I’m this nervous I start to sweat (eew!). I had to change my shirt twice before I left for class this morning. Why I didn’t wait to put on the shirt I wanted till right before I left will forever remain a mystery. I was well prepared and had my cue card ready and everything but still feel I didn’t articulate my points as well as I would have liked. Also, I think at some point I was blushing because my face felt warm. On the bright side, everyone laughed at all the points that I strongly felt they should laugh at. Which proves I am not the only one who finds me funny, although I am probably still the one who finds me funniest. In fact, my level of self-amusement just crossed the threshold from being unhealthy to being dangerous.

cue card

3 comments:

Beavis said...

ng, or you had a mild orgasm being on stage in front of everyone.

Anastasia said...

Ala Marcy Darcy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjJme_o_Rc

Anonymous said...

"Which proves I am not the only one who finds me funny, although I am probably still the one who finds me funniest." I find you funniest as well.